Special Applications „Duo Seal”
In critical environments, our Duo seal gasket will fulfill the task of the EMC and environmental shielding. This seal is comprised of two materials with a vulcanised seamed joint. The material for the environmental seal is non-conductive silicone or fluorosilicone and protects the internal EMC gasket from external contamination and moisture, thus preventing galvanic corrosion. The conductive part of the seal can be filled with different materials such as silver/aluminium, nickel/graphite etc.
Summary of features:
• Compact use of a single rectangular groove.
• Low compression force.
• Custom-made gaskets to suit your hardware.
• Self retaining capability.
• Available in a comprehensive range of materials.
• Environmental sealing up to 5 psi or IP67 is possible.
Duo Seal gaskets can be supplied endless on rolls, cut-to-length or vulcanised as o-rings. Our team will be pleased to help you selecting the optimum profile for your application.
Spezialanwendung “Duo Seal”
“Duo Seal” - the ultimate protection
Duo Seal must be optimized for the respective groove.
Groove Detail Profile ES-XX-176
Notes on Duo Seal Profile ES-XX-176
• Max. compression: 20% v
• Min. compression: 7.2% v
• Nut-Toleranz: ± 0,10 mm
• Groove tolerance: ± 0.10 mm v
• Duo seal tolerance: ± 0.15 mm v
• Groove max./min. height: 3.2 mm/3.0 mm v
• Min. groove sectional area: 10.50 mm2 v